Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What would you type so it looks like I'm crying?

Wake up this morning knowing a mom is in labor (or will be soon). That always makes you a little anxious to find childcare. Call a bunch of people but no-one answers. House is a disaster!

Decide to knit.

Upon decision to knit, the middle child decides now is a good time to learn how to knit. Take first sip of now cold coffee, look around and decide the house smells as bad as it looks, and say Sure!, I'll teach you how to knit! An hour later post "Make it stop" as your update on facebook.

Okay, so babies and knitting needles don't go together. Babies and yarn don't go together. Trying to be calm and patient when casting on for the bazillionth time after the boy baby yet again pulls the yarn off the needles...while the five year old acts like the grown up and while you want to stomp your feet and go into a full fledge tantrum. It makes you realize that now isn't the time to teach a child to knit.

I need to clone myself.

And I will leave with these questions in my brain...

Why is my house so dirty when my mom is coming over?
Why isn't anyone answering the phone?
Why do I have so much laundry to do?
Why is that stupid cat peeing on everything and how can I make him go away?

No comments:

Post a Comment