Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Mmmmmmm....what's that smell?

Every once in awhile, when I am trying to get something done, I will let the babies play in the fridge. They take all of the salad dressings out, the mustard's and mayonnaise's...and all in all, have a pretty good time. I get the dishes put away, or the counter scrubbed. One thing is the same though, I am always in the room with them.

Until today.

I decided that because the boy baby was so well occupied, I would run upstairs and get dressed. The girl baby followed me upstairs and we got involved in heavy peek-a-boo play, and the next thing I know, the boy baby is upstairs too...and he had an interesting smell to him. He smelled like deep rich dark chocolate. Interesting, I thought to myself. We don't have any dark chocolate in the house. However; he is covered in chocolate from head to toe. At that point, I decided I didn't want to know, so I chose to believe that he had discovered a random rather large chocolate piece on the floor and smeared it all over himself. That was my last thought about it, until I asked the middle child to run and grab the camera because the girl baby was telling me all about her picture that she drew and it is friggin' hilarious to watch her talk to me like I understand what she is saying. I still haven't managed to catch this on camera.

Middle child went downstairs to get the camera, but a loud "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWW" was soon declared on the stairs. "Baby girl pooped all over the stairs!!!" she exclaims! Impossible I think! I have been playing with her this whole time and I haven't smelled anything poopy at all. She didn't have a diaper on though, so I thought she might have slipped one past me. It has been known to happen. So tromping down the stairs we go, where I discover that it isn't, in fact, poop.

But chocolate.

Dark rich chocolate. Dark rich smeared into the carpet chocolate cheesecake. From Thanksgiving. That my mother brought and I forgot was in the fridge.

So I cleaned it up and ate a piece. You know...to make sure it wasn't poison.

1 comment: