Tuesday, July 14, 2009

You need to let something go

When you have twins, you are told constantly (and tell your twin mama friends constantly) that you need to just "let it go". You can't do everything. And truly...you really can't. So for me, who likes to have a clean house, I chose to let the laundry go (and part of the house too). It was in the basement and therefore out of sight, out of mind.


Now, when it came to time actually catch up, it just wasn't going to happen. We have SO MUCH crap! Five beds, seven people including the twins switching clothing sizes every few months...winter and summer clothing....out of sight now means I will be out of my mind if I have to go at it alone.


Luckily here in Minnesota, we have an amazing attachment parenting community. AMAZING women. There is something called a "work crew" that will come into your home for four hours and help you with anything you need done. It is made up of four to six mamas and they are all volunteer. You pay it forward too.


I had six women (and their kids) folding my grungies for four hours...and we just managed to get everything folded. I have to put it away, but that is okay. I really needed to take a before picture, but here is the after.








I really wish these pictures showed just how much there really is...

After all of this, letting go is still something I am glad I did. I should also say that I got rid of ELEVEN bags to the Goodwill and will continue the purge.


I do wish we only had our regular dress and our Sunday best though, it would be so much easier. Even if I did have to wash it by hand.

1 comment:

  1. I sold a bunch of clothes and crap on consignment this spring and made over a HUNDRED dollars.

    That's a lot of crap at consignment store prices.

    And we're still buried. I recently purged again and the "keepers" fill an entire large closet in boxes. It's just the way it is with a family of eight!

    ReplyDelete