Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cheerios

My thought process has been slowly deteriorating with each child. I do still talk rationally with my children, but I also seem to go completely insane at random times.

For instance, I used to say: "Let's change your poopy diaper" and now I say things like "Do you have stinks in your lady parts" or "You gots poops on your peni".

There are random phrases I use a lot...like:

Buckle your schmuckle.
Skooch your booch.
You got flees in your beez (I have no idea what that means)

And then when the rhyming starts, there can be a whole random paragraph that comes out...in a sing song sort of a way that makes the babies laugh (and others question my normality)

You've got a gurd in your lurd...you'se got some bees in your knees...you'se got some flud in your dud...hey poopalooch, how comes you got such a naked neck ("naked neck" being what we call the babies when they are naked) Little Mr. has a naked beezee...

My babies often go by Mr. Lister (aka Mr. Man) and Mistress Smiley Pants (aka Punkaloon).

There is a name that I call them both, although I can't remember, and I asked my husband and he can't remember, although he did laugh and say that I call them all sorts of things and he went with "twilight stars"...which isn't helpful, although probably pretty close. (I remembered this morning that it is actually beautiful dreamers)

Anyway, all of this is to say that the other day I was talking to my babies and I asked them if they wanted Cheerios. It went something like this:

Do you want some Cheerios? Babies, do want some Cheerios? Do you want some O's in your Cheerys?



And then I laughed and called myself a dork.

No comments:

Post a Comment